Clifford's Public Cemetery is located just north of Clifford, at the intersection of Highway 9 and Grey Road 10.
Brief History: The history of the Clifford Cemetery taken from “CanadaGenWeb's Cemetery Project of 2004” states the original 3.25-acre parcel at Lot 3 Concession 18 Howick Township was purchased from James Mathewson October 1, 1886. It noted "early family plots had fences around them and each family cared for its own plot with some having hedges while other(s) could have an iron fence around them."
In 1947 John and Hannah Taylor donated the stone cemetery gates and iron fence around the site, which was removed shortly after amalgamation in 1999. The “new” section of the Clifford cemetery was bought in 1955 and opened in 1991 making the total site 6.42 acres. The old section of the Clifford Cemetery has no plots for sale with interments remaining for those who purchased lots years ago.
The Clifford & District Horticultural Society built and donated some cemetery landscape features and sometimes helped with maintenance over the years