Built in 1868: Original home of Wm. Taylor
Wm. Taylor started the building in 1868, this being a barn/frame construction. In 1876 the building was bricked. Dr. F.F. Homuth came to operate the Drug Store in 1906, for W.J. McKibbon of Wingham. Dr. Homuth bought the building in 1918 and added the large brick section at the rear and later purchased the Drug Store business. Dr. Homuth was also an optometrist and had an office on the second floor. He was joined by his son Carol, an optometrist, in 1946 and sold the building to him in 1957. The Drug Store was closed in the 1970's, but memories remain of the lunch counter and the Saturday night shopping events.