Built in 1878
Builder/ First Owner: John Jewel
John Jewel, in partnership with Densmore Hopkins, established a local grocery store located on Elora St. N. where the U.A.P. now operates. He purchased the lot for this home from Wm. Lemon, local lumber merchant. Note the creative work on the inserts above the windows. The design of the brickwork indicates that it could be the same mason as the lot 10 and lot 11 (Knox Church) on Elora St. N. all built within one year of each other.
Former Owners: 1878 John Jewel, 1902 John White, 1923 David Hicks, 1965 Cora & Spencer Brears