Builder/First Owner: John A. & Jane Bell
Occupation: Brick & Tile Yard
Thomas Hart took out the Crown Deed in 1868 and built a log shanty on the east corner of the farm, near the boundary fence to lot 17. John A. Bell purchased the property in 1883, but lived on lot 21 conc. 17, until he built this dwelling in 1886. He worked for the Holtom Brick Yard next door until he started on his brick & tile business on this farm in 1888. The business operated until 1914. The farm remained in the Bell family until 1969, when Maurice & Susan Genest retired there.