The mandate of the Minto Cultural Roundtable is to give guidance and input related to culture and to implement the Cultural Plan for Minto.
The Cultural Roundtable does this by:
- Supporting community led solutions to issues identified by the Cultural Roundtable or the community at large.
- Encouraging leadership and innovation.
- Facilitating networking and information exchange.
- Serving as a sounding board for ideas and actions.
- Reviewing policies related to culture.
- Supporting the integration of cultural development plans into related Town plans (i.e. Official Plan and Strategic Plan)
The Minto Cultural Roundtable is made up of 16 people representing the following groups/organizations:
- Town of Minto Council
- Minto Arts Council
- Grey Wellington Theatre Guild or the Norgan Theatre Board
- Minto’s Heritage Groups (Clifford Historical Society, Harriston Historical Society, Palmerston Railway Heritage Museum, Minto Heritage Association)
- Harriston-Minto or Palmerston Agricultural Societies
- Minto Chamber of Commerce
- Minto Branches of the Wellington County Library
- Youth (Age 15 – 24)
- Four to Seven members of the public
- Staff Resources:
- Manager of Economic Development
- Marketing & Tourism Coordinator
Learn more about the Town of Minto's Cultural Roundtable.
For more information on the Town of Minto Cultural Plan or the Minto Cultural Roundtable visit www.town.minto.on.ca